Judy Gregory and Anne-Maree Jaggs opened Northside Meetings with The Letter Lounge Café & Gifts in response to their ongoing difficulties finding affordable and friendly spaces in Brisbane for meetings and workshops.
They decided to establish their own flexible space, specifically designed for work and creativity. They particularly wanted:
- Rooms with open spaces and blank walls that could be set up to suit facilitators and trainers – rooms intended for working collaboration, not dinner
- Workable, robust equipment included in the room-hire fee
- Natural light, good airflow and access to outside spaces
- An atmosphere to encourage conversation and creativity (rather than accommodation and parties)
- Good quality, affordable catering
- On-site services that support meetings and training.
Judy has a background in plain English writing and a long history in facilitating workplace training. Anne-Maree has a background in fine art and event management. Together, they’ve designed a simple, work-friendly space at 110 Windsor Rd, Red Hill.